Size, Style, and Performance: Volkswagen Atlas vs Nissan Pathfinder
The Volkswagen Atlas and the Nissan Pathfinder are both midsize SUVs that offer three rows of seating, making them suitable for larger families or those who need ample passenger capacity. However, there are some key differences between the two vehicles. Here’s a comparison:
- Performance: The Volkswagen Atlas offers two engine options: a standard 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 235 horsepower, and an available 3.6-liter V6 engine with 276 horsepower. The Nissan Pathfinder, on the other hand, comes with a standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 284 horsepower.
- Transmission: The Volkswagen Atlas comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission, while the Nissan Pathfinder has a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Some drivers may prefer the traditional automatic transmission of the Atlas.
- Interior Space: Both the Volkswagen Atlas and the Nissan Pathfinder offer three rows of seating, but the Atlas generally has more interior space. The Atlas has a larger cargo capacity, with up to 96.8 cubic feet of space with both rear rows folded down, compared to the Pathfinder’s 79.5 cubic feet. The Atlas also offers more legroom in the second and third rows, providing a more spacious and comfortable cabin for passengers.
- Towing Capacity: The Nissan Pathfinder has a higher towing capacity compared to the Volkswagen Atlas. The Pathfinder can tow up to 6,000 pounds when properly equipped, while the Atlas has a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
- All-Wheel Drive: Both the Volkswagen Atlas and the Nissan Pathfinder offer available all-wheel drive (AWD) for improved traction and handling in adverse weather conditions. However, the Atlas comes with a more advanced AWD system called “4Motion” that offers selectable driving modes for different driving conditions, while the Pathfinder comes with a more basic AWD system.
- Technology and Safety Features: Both the Atlas and the Pathfinder come with a range of standard and available technology and safety features. The Atlas offers features such as an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and available features like a digital cockpit display, panoramic sunroof, and a hands-free power liftgate. The Pathfinder offers similar features, including an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and available features like a panoramic sunroof and a motion-activated liftgate.
Overall, the Atlas offers more interior space, two engine options, a more advanced AWD system (4Motion) and several technology and safety features. Take a look at our Volkswagen Atlas models here at Diehl Volkswagen of Butler!